Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VERB TENSES EXTRA PRACTICE

A Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. Use the Present Perfect Simple, Past Perfect Simple, Future Perfect Simple, Present Perfect Continuous or Past Perfect Continuous. (3 points each = 30 points)
1. It was midnight. I .......................... (read) for over
four hours. No wonder I was feeling tired.
2. I .......................... (save) for my trip for two years.
I can’t wait to leave.
3. .......................... we .......................... (study) all
the grammar in the syllabus by the end of the year?
4. I was late for the lesson. The teacher
.......................... (give) the test when I got to
class.
5. He had to postpone his trip because he
.......................... (not save) enough money.
6. By the time you receive this letter, I
.......................... (return) home.
7. I .......................... (not drive) for long when I ran
out of petrol.
8. .......................... she always ..........................
(live) in this neighbourhood?
9. I .......................... (not eat) since the morning.
I am starving.
10. She doesn’t deserve a holiday. She
................….. (not work) hard recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment